(click a question to get the answer)
- What is adoption?
- I am interested in adopting. How do I get started?
- How do I find an adoption agency to work with?
- I already have a homestudy. How should I use this site to express interest in a waiting child?
- I submitted an inquiry. Why haven't I heard anything from the child's worker?
- How much does it cost to adopt a child?
- How long will it take to adopt a child?
- Will I need a lawyer?
- In addition to adopting, how else can I help children in foster care?
FAQs - General Adoption
- What are the differences between the different types of adoption?
- How do I adopt a child from another country?
- What is the difference between adoption and guardianship?
- Can I adopt a child from another State?
FAQs - Who Can Adopt?
- My partner and I work. Will I have to quit my job if we want to adopt?
- I don't own my own home. I live in an apartment. Can I adopt?
- Can single parents adopt?
- Can gays and lesbians adopt?
- I'm over forty. Am I to old to adopt?
FAQs - About the Children
- What ages of children are available? Do you have any babies?
- Can the biological parents take my adopted child back? Could a biological relative show up to claim a child once he or she has been adopted by my family?